Please Login Or Register.

Thank You,
V-I-P Management.
Vicious illusion Players
Please Login Or Register.

Thank You,
V-I-P Management.
Vicious illusion Players
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V-I-P HomeHomeLiveStreamLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Ventrilo servers information has been posted. Check the Forums for the info.

Sona - Mejai's or WotA?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoh Yuti

Yoh Yuti

Rep Points Earned : 0

Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Empty
PostSubject: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 am

First post, joy.

I'm still new to LoL, so take this with a bag full of salt.

I main Sona.... mainly as she is the only one I own, and I use a high AP/Lich Bane build that allows me to poke early, into full on aggression where I tend to get more kills then a Sona should.

I first go Doran's Ring -> Tear of the Goddess -> Boot's of Swiftness, as my starting items.
It all feels good with her.

Then it's time to build AP..... but I'm not really sold on what I should get her.
I've tried Mejai's Soulsteal..... but unless I know that me and my laning ally are getting a good amount of kills, or where getting to team fights, this item is just a dead weight until latter on.
Yeah it's cheap, but I don't know if it's worth it.

But Will of the Ancients seems like a good alternative. Idk if the spell vamp is going to do much of anything, but aoe AP boost does seem to be in line with what Sona does.

Idk, what do you think is better with Sona/Lich Bane.
Mejai's Soulstealer, or Will of the Ancients?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://yoh-sl.deviantart.com/
Hecticz
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Hecticz

Rep Points Earned : 2

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:14 am

ok Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://lolvip.forumotion.com
BlueIcicle

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am

Yoh Yuti wrote:
First post, joy.

I'm still new to LoL, so take this with a bag full of salt.

I main Sona.... mainly as she is the only one I own, and I use a high AP/Lich Bane build that allows me to poke early, into full on aggression where I tend to get more kills then a Sona should.

I first go Doran's Ring -> Tear of the Goddess -> Boot's of Swiftness, as my starting items.
It all feels good with her.

Then it's time to build AP..... but I'm not really sold on what I should get her.
I've tried Mejai's Soulsteal..... but unless I know that me and my laning ally are getting a good amount of kills, or where getting to team fights, this item is just a dead weight until latter on.
Yeah it's cheap, but I don't know if it's worth it.

But Will of the Ancients seems like a good alternative. Idk if the spell vamp is going to do much of anything, but aoe AP boost does seem to be in line with what Sona does.

Idk, what do you think is better with Sona/Lich Bane.
Mejai's Soulstealer, or Will of the Ancients?

Cheers.

The choice of mejai's depends greatly on how your team is doing. Since its not your first item, you will be getting it at about 10-15 min into the game. At this time you should have a good view of your team's skill level and activness.

If good, then go ahead and get the Mejai's. Stack as fast as you can. You still get a bonus from just having the item, so it will still help. If you do decide for Mejai, then follow up with a deathcap if you get passed 10 stacks. (WotA after cap, for the extra self heal)

Now, if your doing bad, then skip mejai, get a Archangel's Staff and a deathcap. Follow the deathcap with either Morello's or RoA.

As Sona, my main build is usually: (This will not follow my previous statements. I did it based on your items that you already had)

--Keep in Mind you want to be constantly buying mana and health potions along with wards--

Starting Items:
Meki Pendant (390g), 1 Health Potion (35g), 1 Mana Potion (40g)

Following:
Fiendish Codex (850g), Ionian Boots of Lucidity (1050g)

Mid-Game: Morello's Evil Tome (1105g), Tear of the Goddess (995), Archangel's Staff (1850g)

Late-Game: Abyssal Scepter (2650g), Zhonya's Hourglass (3100g), Rabadon's Deathcap (3600g)

---------------------------

Now for further information, I would also recommend these runes and masteries: (Remember, the rest scales off of Level 20-30 Summoner)

Runes--

9 *Tier 3* Greater Mark of Insight
9 *Tier 3* Greater Seal of Replenishment
9 *Tier 3* Greater Glyph of Replenishment
3 *Tier 3* Greater Quint of Potency

Masteries--

3-6-21

(Offense)
3 - Archmage's Savvy

(Defense)
3 - Resistance
3 - Hardiness

(Utility)
3 - Good Hands
3 - Perseverence
4 - Awareness
3 - Meditation
3 - Quickness
1 - Blink of an Eye
2/3 - Intelligence
1 - Mystical Vision
1 - Presence of the Master

------

For a quick little add at the end to help ya with your Summoner Spells, your best decision is to go with:

D - Clairvoyance (or Clarity)
F - Flash (or Teleport)

Cheers,

BlueIcicle
-The Brand God-
Back to top Go down
Yoh Yuti

Yoh Yuti

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 am

Thx Blue.
Even thou it is a fairly different build then what I normally go for.
Lich Bane is just too damn good to ignore on Sona.

Any comment on Will of the Ancients?
Back to top Go down
BlueIcicle

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:55 am

Lich bane can be done without. It gives a bonus attack, not really what Sona wants. You would probably be replacing Abyssal or Zhonya's for it, so its majorly NOT worth it.

Will of the Ancients is for healing the single champion (Sona) only, and with Sona having a huge heal (made bigger with more AP), its most likely not the best item as well. Personally, I would skip WotA and Lich Bane.
Back to top Go down
DclawRUSHED

DclawRUSHED

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

So Sona is a support, sure you CAN go Ap, get kills and still support your team, but carrying is a not a role you can do well on a support, that's why they are SUPPORTS, they Support the carry who does get kills, that's why I would suggest not getting a lich bane, WoTa Isn't exactly a bad idea, more so a situational item, if most of you're team will benefit from it, then go ahead and grab it, but mostly you want to be getting items like, Aegis, if your tank is not going to get it, Shurelia's and Soul Shroud, You will be benefiting your team much more, then going straight ap, having damage and taking kills from more important team members
Back to top Go down
Yoh Yuti

Yoh Yuti

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 am

Right, well, that's your opinion, your entitled to it.
Quick question, how much do you get out of her passive by playing her just as the 'support'?

As a high priority target, I know they are going to come after me time and time again.
So I figure if your going to come for me, you'd better come correct, otherwise you'll be taking your face back in a doggy bag.
Incidental, my support capacity doesn't seem to be hindered very much by the way I play her.
Back to top Go down
DclawRUSHED

DclawRUSHED

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 am

Your sona, you get assists, you spam heals and damage and when you are running or catching up, you speed up and use your ults during team fights, you dont get a lichbane, you dont take kills, you support your team, you buy wards and oracles if needed, you carry flash and clairvo and if your team isnt bad, they will protect you, Period.
Back to top Go down
DclawRUSHED

DclawRUSHED

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 am

Ok, You main sona at level 10 in Co op Vs Ai, Get level 30, play some real games, then tell me what you think of ap, ksing sona
Back to top Go down
BlueIcicle

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:42 am

Listen, You are not first target priority, the ranged/melee carry is. After the carry is dead, the enemy focuses AP damage types. Your about 3rd target, not priority. They will get you before tank. Your job is heal the carry and AP. If you escape being third target, then heal the tanks. (to escape being 3rd target, use flash to get the hell out).
Back to top Go down
Yoh Yuti

Yoh Yuti

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 am

DclawRUSHED wrote:
Ok, You main sona at level 10 in Co op Vs Ai, Get level 30, play some real games, then tell me what you think of ap, ksing sona

I'm curious as to know how you know that.
Btw, you sound like a *******.... your right, still sound like a *******.

I think I'm not going to get either Mejai's or WotA, and just go straight for Archangel's staff after boots, as I think I'll get more bang for my buck that way.

Edit (by BlueIcicle): Language please. That was offensive cussing.
Back to top Go down
BlueIcicle

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 am

He was just stating a point that you will eventually realize his view. Nothing harmful was intended. I am locking this topic from further posting. If have an issue or argument with me, please PM me personally. If you would like to unlock this topic to continue posting and discussing, PM me with a viable reason I should unlock the specified topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sona - Mejai's or WotA?   Sona - Mejai's or WotA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sona - Mejai's or WotA?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vicious illusion Players :: LOL Topics :: General Discussion-
Jump to: